abandon v．n．放弃，放纵 | bacchanal n.(行为放纵的)狂欢会 | bacchanalian adj.狂欢的,行为放纵的
carouse v．n．狂饮寻乐 | carousal n．欢闹的酒宴 | debauch v．使放荡，堕落
debauchery n．放荡，沉缅酒色 | incontinent adj．无力控制（自己）的，纵欲的
intemperate adj．无节制的,放纵的 | laxity n．松弛，放纵 | lechery n．好色，纵欲
liberated adj．无拘束的，放纵的 | libertine n．性行为放纵者，浪荡子
licentious adj．纵欲的，放肆的 | rambunctious adj．喧闹的，放纵的 | saturnalia n．纵情狂欢
wanton adj．顽皮的，放纵的 | spree n 狂欢，纵乐，宴会ue003 | voluptuous adj．撩人的，沉溺酒色的
voluptuary n．耽于逸乐的人 | lascivious adj．淫乱的，好色的 | lecherous adj．好色的
lewd adj．好色的，猥亵的 | libidinous adj．性欲强的，好色的 | lubricious adj．光滑的，好色的
prurient adj．好色的,淫乱的 | prurience n．好色,淫乱 | salacious adj．好色的，淫荡的．
salacity n．好色，淫荡 | sensual adj．肉欲的、淫荡的 | sensuality n．淫荡、好色
n．淫荡、好色 excesses n.过份荒淫的行为 | smutty adj．淫秽的 | voyeur n．窥淫狂者，窥隐私者
obscene adj 淫秽的ue003 | risque adj 下流的，淫猥的ue003 | bawdy adj 淫猥的、下流的ue003
prodigality n放荡,淫逸,挥霍浪费,慷慨,丰富 | immoral adj．不道德的，淫荡的
- 色显指数。leacherous意思为好色的，淫荡的。Men enjoy all the beautiful bones， but do not mistake him lecherous .男人骨子里全都喜欢美女，但千万别误以为他好色。
- You"re a playboyYou"re a pervert
- 1. You are such a guy. 你真是很男人啊. 如果有一个男生完全符合男人的刻板形象 （stereotype）, 例如好色, 不爱干净的话, 我们就可以直接说, "You are such a guy." 当然说这句话的时候, 要特别记得强调在 guy 那个字上面. 例如有位比基尼美女从我面前走过, 于是我色性打发，目不转睛地盯着人家看, 这时别人就可以说我： "You are such a guy." 2. I am a pervert. 我是个变态. Pervert 指的是色狼的行为, 例如喜欢吃女生豆腐, 或是没事打电话骚扰人家, 这种人我们就称之为 pervert. 要注意一点, 中文里讲的男生很"色". 在英文里没有一个很确切的翻法, 例如你可以用 lustful, lewd, lecherous, lascivious 或是 randy. 但这些字平常老美自己都蛮少用的. 而且中文的"色" 含意比较广, 从无伤大雅喜欢看路上的漂亮美眉, 到严重一点的喜欢占女生便宜这种人中文里都可以说是很 "色", 但在英文中, pervert 通常指的是比较严重一点的情节, 例如吃豆腐, 骚扰等等. 如果只是在路上看美眉, 或是喜欢看林志玲的写真集, 我们只要说, "He is such a guy." 3. I am not a peeping Tom. 我不是偷窥狂. peeping Tom 两个字合起来是一个俚语, 指的是喜欢偷窥别人的人 ，可以解释为偷窥狂。 这些人以偷看别人*为乐, 或是专门找你会换衣服或洗澡的时候偷看你. 至于为什么用到Tom 呢? 古时 Coventry 地方的市长要加税, 老百姓苦不堪言. 就央求市长夫人Lady Godiva 说项.市长说, 如果夫人肯*游街一圈, 就不加税.市长夫人答应了, 但是每家每户必须关起门窗, 不许偷看. 结果, 有一个叫 Tom 的男子忍不住, 就从门上的小洞偷看, 后来眼睛就瞎掉了. 因此, 以后偷窥者就被称为 peeping Tom, 而门上的偷窥小孔就叫做 peephole. 4. Come on. You are a big boy. 拜托你好不好, 你己经是大人了. 成人这个字正式的讲法应该是 adult 或是 grownup. 但在口语中, 用 big boy 会远比用adult 或是grownup 来得传神. 例如有人二十岁了还在吸手指, 你就可以跟他说,"Come on, you are a big boy now." 5. You are so immature. 你真是太不成熟了. 由于女生的心智年龄发展得要比男生来的早, 所以很多青春期的女生会觉得跟自己同年纪的男生很不成熟. 这个不成熟英文就是 immature. 所以美国的女人就常骂男人, "You are so immature." 男人就会反驳, "No way. I am a mature adult." （不会吧. 我是个成熟的男人.） 或是强调的用法, "I"m twice as mature for my age." （以远比跟我同年龄的人都要来得成熟.） 6. You bastard. 你这个混帐东西. bastard 这个字原意指的是私生子, 或是指这个人的出身不好. 但沿用到后来,bastard 就单纯是骂人混帐东西, 而且通常只能用在男人身上.（沪江论坛）
- you have a perverted mind, but i like it.
- 的确很强悍 `
- 现代英文翻译行吗 %_%
- 离儿，你是要翻译这些吧？---------Zeus: Zeus is the king of all gods, and rules the sky. He is in charge of lighting and thunder, and is also called the god of thunder. Zeus is a lenchy god and has many illegitimate children. He can be symbolised as an lanneret.Hera: Hera is Zeus"s sister and wife. She is in charge of marriage and reproduction and protects married women. Hera is elegant and beautiful. She can be symbolised as a peacock.Ares: Ares is the god of war, and is the son of Zeus and Hera. He is ruthless, cheaty, hot-headed and unreasonable.Athena: Athena is the goddess of wisdom and war. She is the daughter of Zeus and Metis. She is brave, strong, yet kind and loving. However, she does hold grudges easily and does not want anyone to be stronger than her.Hermes: Hermes is the messanger, and is the smartest god on Mt. Olympus. He has two wings on his feet and flies at a high speed.Apollo: Apollo is the god of archery, art, science, justice, lighting. He was also once the god of the Sun.Aphrodite (Venus): Venus is the god of love and beauty. Myrtle is her Holly Tree and pigeons is her favourite bird. She also likes swans and sparrows.
- 万圣夜是万圣节的前一天，时间在每年的10月31日，是西方的传统节日，庆祝活动一般在晚上。当晚小孩会穿上化妆服，戴上面具，挨家挨户收集糖果等。以下是我和大家分享的万圣节必备朋友圈中英对照文案10句，仅供参考，希望对您有帮助。 一、万圣节到了，在线找个有趣的灵魂.Halloween is here. Find an interesting soul online. 二、小孩子才要糖，大人要发财。 Children want sugar, adults want money. 三、万圣节到了，哥哥的糖不知道有没有我甜。 Halloween came, brother sugar do not know I sweet. 四、万圣节别出去，除非和我出来看星星。 Don"t go out on Halloween unless you come out with me to look at the stars. 五、只要心里有鬼，每天都是万圣节。Every day is Halloween as long as you have a ghost in your heart. 六、今天万圣节，我代表我的18辈祖宗向你问好，要是有不给糖的，我会领他们登门拜访。 Today, I say hello to you on behalf of my 18 generations of ancestors, if there is no sugar, I will lead them to visit the house. 七、万圣节友情出演，我是喜欢你的贪吃鬼. Halloween friendship play, I am like you gluttonous ghost. 八、大人才爱吓唬人，小孩子只要糖，所以我的糖呢？ Big people love to scare people, children only want sugar, so my sugar? 九、万圣节本色出演：穷鬼，色鬼and可爱鬼。 Who you are on Halloween: Poor, lecherous and lovable. 十、万圣节来惹，给大家看看俺个可耐鬼叭。 Halloween to provoke, to show you an I can be a ghost ba.
- 【 #英语资源# 导语】《西游记》是一部神魔长篇章回体小说，这部小说记载了师徒四人要去西天取经的路上，经历了九九八十一种的困难，他们为了取到真经，挑战了八十一种的困难，还受了许多伤呢……下面是 考 网整理的内容，希望对你们有帮助！ 1.《西游记》英语读后感 The most loyal of the four masters and disciples is monk Sha. He is loyal and honest and wants to get the Sutra, which makes me sigh. Zhu Bajie, we all know that he is lecherous, delicious and fun. He is greedy and can"t do anything. When he is in trouble, he just wants to flinch. When he got the Sutra, he begged the Buddha to let himself come down to earth to play! Don"t forget to demote the Jade Emperor. Monkey King is characterized by courage. He is not afraid of difficulties and fights away demons and ghosts. If Tang Seng is caught, he must find a way to rescue Tang Seng. He is a good example for me to learn from! Tang monk is strong willed, compassionate and kind. He is a devout and persistent Buddhist. In the process of learning sc riptures, he is firm, never slacken and waver, not confused by wealth and lust, not yield to death, and finally achieve good results with perseverance. On the other hand, he is kind-hearted and can forgive even the ferocious enemy. "Journey to the west" made me realize that it is by no means easy to accomplish any major event. The four teachers and disciples of Tang Monk learned from the Sc riptures and experienced many dangers and difficulties, not all of which are mysterious and bizarre. Take our study for example. Why are there no difficulties in every day we experience? We went from primary school to junior high school, from junior middle school to senior high school, and then graduated from senior high school to enter the University... How could it be just the difficulty of "9981"? The process of overcoming the difficulties gave birth to the success of Tang Monk and apprentice. Each of them has their strengths and weaknesses. It is they who help each other and learn from each other that can succeed. This also taught me that if we want to achieve a great event, we must work together and unite together to succeed. 2.《西游记》英语读后感 Among the four famous works, "journey to the west" makes me never tire of reading it. Tang monk is a monk who fasts and chants Buddhism. The four teachers and disciples have worked hard to obtain the scr iptures on the way to learn the Scr iptures. Monkey King is the disciple of Tang Monk and the senior brother of Zhu Bajie and Sha monk. It will change and ride the clouds. Have a pair of golden eyes, can see through the disguise of demons and ghosts; One somersault can turn eighteen thousand miles; The weapon used is like the golden cudgel. It can be big or small, and can change at will. He occupied Huaguo Mountain as the king, claiming to be the great saint of Qi heaven. He fought with the Tathagata Buddha and was pressed at the foot of Wuxing mountain for more than 500 years. After being enlightened by Guanyin Bodhisattva, he protected the Tang monk from the west to learn the Sutra. After ninety-nine and eighty-one difficulties, he retrieved the Sutra and finally achieved positive results. He was granted the title of fighting Buddha. Zhu Bajie was the marshal of Tianpeng under the Jade Emperor of Tianting, in charge of Tianhe. She was expelled from heaven by the Jade Emperor for flirting with Chang"e while drunk. Tang Monk went west to learn scri ptures and passed gaolaozhuang. Zhu Bajie was accepted by Sun Wukong and accepted as a second disciple by Tang monk. Monk Sha was originally a rolling curtain general in the heavenly palace. He was demoted to the world because he broke the glass lamp at the flat peach meeting and angered the queen mother. He became a monster by the Liusha river. Later, he was accepted by the Tang Monk"s teachers and disciples and was responsible for carrying the burden. After getting the right fruit, he was called "golden arhat". Journey to the West made me realize that it is by no means easy to accomplish any major event. The four teachers and disciples of Tang monk have experienced many dangers and difficulties, not all of which are mysterious and bizarre. Let"s take our study as an example. How can we experience no difficulties every day? We go from primary school to junior high school, junior high school to senior high school, and then graduate from senior high school to enter the University... How can it be just nine ninety-one difficulties? The process of overcoming difficulties gave birth to the success of the four teachers and disciples of Tang monk. Each of them has strengths and weaknesses. It is they who help each other, Learn from each other"s strong points to make up for their weaknesses, which makes me understand that if we want to achieve a major event, we must work together and unite to succeed. 3.《西游记》英语读后感 I first saw journey to the west when I was six years old. At that time, I only thought it was very good-looking. The characters in it were vivid and the plot was tortuous, which made me have endless aftertaste. Later, I read journey to the west when I was ten years old. At that time, I was sensible, understood the truth in the story, and appreciated the book more. The author of this book is Wu Chengen, a famous novelist in the Ming Dynasty. After many hardships and various tests, the four masters and disciples of Tang monk, Sun Wukong, Zhu Bajie and Sha monk in the book still persevered in the end, did not give in, fought bravely with demons and ghosts, and finally achieved the myth and legend of becoming a Buddha through the difficulties of September 81. Journey to the west makes me feel the good and evil in the world, and the truth that success can only be achieved through courage and perseverance. The four masters and disciples in the book have their own characteristics and abilities, which adds a bit of charm to the novel. Monk Tang is the main protagonist in this novel. He is timid, nagging and does not distinguish between good and evil, but he is always kind ". He is dedicated to the Buddha and does not give up in the face of difficulties, becoming zhantan merit Buddha; The monkey king is impatient and naughty, but he is always loyal to the master. Even if he is driven away, he cares about the master very much. He always comes back every time. He is brave and good at fighting, has golden eyes, and never flinches from dealing with goblins. He finally defeated the Buddha; Zhu Bajie was the marshal of Tianpeng in the sky. Later, he was demoted to the earth to become a pig because of his lust. He also learned from the Tang monk. On the way, he often said that he had to go his own way. He was always greedy for beauty and lazy, but he never abandoned his master. Although his martial arts was not as good as that of the monkey king, he was actually a good disciple and finally became the messenger of the clean altar; Monk Sha used to be a rolling curtain general in the sky. Because he broke the sulfur glass lamp of the queen mother, he made atonement and learned from monk Tang. His kung fu is the worst of the three disciples, and he is also an apprentice who obeys the master"s words. His underwater Kung Fu is one of the three masters and disciples, and he has become a golden arhat. After reading this book, I really realized how difficult it is to succeed. It requires a lot of effort and persistence. Only if I am willing to work hard, spend time and do it seriously, I must be able to get twice the result with half the effort. 4.《西游记》英语读后感 "Wukong, Wukong, Wukong", the image of "Wukong, Wukong, Wukong". Pig Bajie is greedy for money and lust and likes to eat and do nothing. Monk Sha is kind-hearted and hardworking. Monk Tang, I hate him most. I can"t protect myself. I have to scold Wukong. Monkey King is the hero of journey to the West. He has boundless magic power and is a great hero. As soon as he heard that the master was caught, he scratched his scalp and flew to the demon and ghost with Caiyun to save the master. He still dared to fight. When he felt something was wrong, he made a scene. Even the Jade Emperor was not afraid of making trouble in the heavenly palace, which earned him the reputation of "the great sage of Qi Tian". His golden eyes will not let go of any dangerous monster, and the golden cudgel will not be merciful. This is the great saint that everyone admires - Monkey King! Pig Bajie is much worse than Wukong. He is greedy for money and lust. He has a big stomach all day. His ears are bigger than a fan. From time to time, he would ask the Tang monk to chant scri ptures and hoop mantras for Wukong. But he is also willing to protect the master and fight with demons and ghosts. He is not good for nothing at will. 5.《西游记》英语读后感 Journey to the west is one of the four famous works. When I was a child, I sat by the TV and watched the monkey king fight monsters. Today, I finished reading the complete works of journey to the West with great interest. I was very excited. This story is about the wonderful story that Tang Monk went to the west to learn scr iptures and subdued Monkey King, pig Bajie and monk Sha on the way. Their teachers and disciples overcame many difficulties. My favorite person in journey to the west is monkey king. He is brave and strong. He has a wishful stick that can grow bigger and smaller; Have a pair of eyes that can see through monsters; There is a tumbling cloud that everyone envies; There is also the ability to fight with thousands of miles! But Tang Seng always misunderstood that he was too cruel. Tang Seng drove him away several times. Sun Wukong returned to Tang monk after reading about his safety. Pig Bajie was Marshal Tianfeng. He broke the rules of heaven, was driven into the mortal world and cast a pig fetus. He wants to be a senior brother very much. He is clumsy and hates the monkey king. But there are also many lovely things. His presence always makes people laugh. Monk Sha is honest and brotherly. When Tang Monk recites the tight hoop mantra, he always intercedes for Wukong. Tang monk was too kind, but he never bowed his head in front of difficulties. The four masters and disciples in journey to the West have their own strengths and weaknesses, but they finally share weal and woe, stick to it to the end and obtain the Sutra. Their spirit is worth learning from. 6.《西游记》英语读后感 I like reading the book journey to the west best. I"ve read it several times from beginning to end. I"m never tired of reading it. The book describes the process of Monkey King, pig Bajie and monk Sha protecting Tang monk from the west to learn scr iptures. I like the monkey king best, because he can change seventy-two, can ride the clouds and fog, has a pair of golden eyes, can subdue demons and subdue demons, and I also like his spirit of fearing difficulties and never giving up. In order to protect the master from going to the west to learn scri ptures, they went through thousands of hardships. On the way, Wukong was misunderstood and driven away by the master. However, because of his loyalty and sense of justice, the four teachers and disciples finally experienced ninety-nine and eighty-one difficulties to get back the S criptures. On the way to learn sc riptures, my favorite story is "three dozen Baigujing". Mrs. Bai Gu became a girl, a grandmother and a grandfather, and caught the Tang monk (it is said that eating Tang Monk"s meat can live forever). But Wukong"s fiery eyes were seen through every time, and finally killed Baigujing. In journey to the west, Monkey King is a hero who has a sense of justice, resourcefulness and will overcome difficulties when encountering difficulties. In my study and life, I should learn Wukong"s spirit of never giving up and daring to show difficulties. At the same time, you can also learn from his intelligence, wisdom and adaptability. Although I don"t have the indomitable spirit and resourceful thought of the monkey king, I will be able to correct my mistakes and become an excellent me. 7.《西游记》英语读后感 In the journey to the west, my favorite is the monkey king. He has great powers and golden eyes. He helps the Tang Monk learn scrip tures from the West and eradicates demons and ghosts for the Tang monk. When he hits Baigujing for three times, he is not confused by the demon. No matter whether the Tang Monk wants to read the hoop curse or drive him back, he cares more about everything. He killed Baigujing. He is also loyal to his master. Although the Tang Monk drove him back, when the monkey king heard that the Tang monk was caught by Baigujing, he was eager to save the teacher and went to save the Tang monk at all costs. His spirit is worth learning from. The second is the pig Bajie, although he is greedy. He was a little sleepy and respectful to his master and senior brother. As soon as the master is caught by a monster, he will unite with his senior brothers to rescue the master. But when he knew that the beauty was changed by the monster, he did not hesitate to kill the monster. If you don"t want to kill a bandit, you don"t have to kill him. Their perseverance, unity, integrity and kindness moved heaven and earth. Their Kung Fu did not live up to their intentions. They finally achieved the Sutra. 8.《西游记》英语读后感 In October, Mr. Zheng asked us to read the book journey to the west, which is one of the
- 1 When the boy was born... 男孩出生的时候 2 ...like all Spartans, he was inspected. 必须像每个斯巴达人一样接受检验 3 If he"d been small or puny or sickly or misshapen... he would have been discarded. 如果他很瘦小或虚弱，或多病，或畸形他就会被抛弃 4 From the time he could stand, he was baptized in the fire of combat. 从他能站立的那一刻起,就要接受战火的洗礼 5 Taught never to retreat, never to surrender. 学会永不退缩，永不投降 6 Taught that death on the battlefield in service to Sparta... 直到为了捍卫斯巴达战死沙场 7 ...was the greatest glory he could achieve in his life. 这是一名勇士一生最大的荣耀 8 At age 7, as is customary in Sparta... 一个七岁的男孩，按照斯巴达惯例 9 ...the boy was taken from his mother and plunged into a world of violence. 必须离开母亲的怀抱进入弱肉强食的暴力世界 10 Manufactured by 300 years of Spartan warrior society... 承袭斯巴达战士300年的传统 11 ...to create the finest soldiers the world has ever known. 训练出世上最勇猛的战士 12 The agoge, as it"s called, forces the boy to fight. Starves them, forces them to steal.. .and if necessary, to kill. 艰苦训导是它的目标它迫使男孩去战斗，让他忍受饥饿,迫使他去偷窃如果必要，还要去杀戮 13 By rod and lash the boy was punished taught to show no pain, no mercy. 木棍和鞭子用来惩罚这个男孩让他忘记了伤痛和怜悯 14 Constantly tested, tossed into the wild. 他被扔在了野外，接受更多的考验 15 Left to pit his wits and will against nature"s fury. 只能用他的智慧和意志去对抗大自然的狂暴 16 It was his initiation his time in the wild. for he would return to his people a Spartan or not at all. 他在野外的时期，只是一个开始因为他以斯巴达人的身份回到他的族人中去或者根本就回不去 17 The wolf begins to circle the boy. Claws of black steel. .fur as dark night. 野狼开始围着这个男孩如钢铁般的利爪，如黑夜般的皮毛 18 Eyes glowing red... jewels from the pit of hell itself The giant wolf sniffing...savoring the scent of the meal to come. 眼里发着红光 如同万丈深渊里的两颗宝石 巨大的恶狼嗅到了…美味鲜肉的味道. 19 It"s not fear that grips him…only a heightened sense of things. The cold air in his lungs. 并不是害怕束缚了他而是对某种东西不断加深的感受 是他肺里充满冰冷的空气. 20 Windswept pines moving against the coming night. 大风吹袭着松树…在夜幕中摇动 21 His hands are steady. His form... perfect. 他的双手沉稳… 动作敏捷…完美无缺 22 And so the boy, given up for dead...returns to his people, to sacred Sparta, a king! 男孩抛开了死亡，回到了族人的身边回到了神圣的斯巴达，成为了王 23 Our king, Leonidas!！ 我们的王！列奥尼达! 24 It"s been more than 30 years since the wolf and the winter cold. 距离那次冬天里遭遇狼的事已30年了 25 And now, as then, a beast approaches. 而现在，一只野兽正在靠近… 26 Patient and confident, savoring the meal to come. 耐心并且自信，它嗅到了肉的味道 27 But this beast is made of men and horses...swords and spears. 这只野兽由人、马、刀、剑组成 28 An army of slaves, vast beyond imagining, ready to devour tiny Greece. 是一支奴隶大军，庞大得超乎想象准备要吞噬渺小的希腊 28 Ready to snuff out the world"s one hope for reason and justice. 企图扼杀世界上理智和正义的唯一希望 29 A beast approaches... and it was King Leonidas himself who provoked it. 野兽正在靠近 这是列奥尼达王挑起的战争 30 That"s it. Now, the more you sweat here, the less you"ll bleed in battle. 就是这样！现在付出的汗水越多，战场上流的血就越少 31 My father taught me... that fear is always a constant. But accepting it ...makes you stronger 我父亲教导我，害怕是一直存在的 接受它 会让你变得更强 32 My queen. 我的皇后 33 A Persian emissary awaits Leonidas. 波斯使者在等候列奥尼达 34 In the end... a Spartars true strength …is the warrior next to him. 最终，斯巴达人真正的力量 是他身边的勇士 35 So give respect and honor to him, and it will be returned to you. 尊重身边的人并给予荣耀 你会得到回报的. 36 First... you fight with your head. Then you fight with your heart 首先，用脑子去战斗 然后用心去战斗 37 What is it? A Persian messenger awaits you. 什么事？是波斯使者求见 38 Do not forget today"s lesson. Respect and honor. Respect and honor. 别忘了今天学的 尊重与荣耀 尊重与荣耀 39 Councilman Thereon. You found yourself needed, for once. 塞隆议员，你终于发现自己派上用场了 40 My king and queen I was just entertaining your guests. 我的王与皇后，我只是在招待来宾 41 I"m sure. 我想也是 42 Before you speak, Persian...know that in Sparta everyone even a king"s messenger......is held accountable for the words of his voice. 在你开口前，波斯人，要知道在斯巴达…每个人，甚至是王的使者，都对他说的… 每一个字负责. 43 Now, what message do you bring? 那么，你带来了什么口信？ 44 Earth and water. 土地和水 45 You rode all the way from Persia for earth and water? 你千里迢迢从波斯赶来就是为了土地和水？ 46 Do not be coy or stupid, Persian.You can afford neither in Sparta. 别天真了，波斯人.在斯巴达，你一样也给不了 47 What makes this woman think she can speak among men? 这个女人怎么能在男人中说话？ 48 Because only Spartan women give birth to real men. 因为斯巴达女人孕育了世上真正的男人 49 Let us walk to cool our tongues. 让我们走走，消消火气 50 If you value your lives over your complete annihilation...listen carefully, Leonidas. 若你看重你们的生命，而不想被一举歼灭那就仔细听着，列奥尼达 51 Xerxes conquers and controls everything he rests his eyes upon. 一切薛西斯眼神停留过的事物都被他征服和控制了 52 He leads an army so massive, it shakes the ground with its march. 他率领的军队是如此雄壮所到之处，地动山摇 53 So vast, it drinks the rivers dry. 又是如此庞大，可以喝干河水 54 All the God-King Xerxes requires is this: A simple offering of earth and water....a token of Sparta"s submission to the will of Xerxes. 天王薛西斯要求的只是…土地和水这样简单的祭品作为斯巴达臣服于薛西斯意志的象征 55 Submission. Now, that"s a bit of a problem. 臣服？那可有点麻烦 56 See, rumor has it...the Athenians have already turned you down. 瞧，有传言说，雅典人已经拒绝了你 57 And if those philosophers and boy-lovers have found that kind of nerve, then... 如果那些哲人和小伙子发现… 58 - We must be diplomatic.- And, of course, Spartans... 我们外交上必须灵活 当然了，斯巴达人… 59 ...have their reputation to consider. 也必须考虑他们的名声 60 Choose your next words carefully Leonidas. 小心你的下一句话，列奥尼达 61 They may be your last as king. 可能会是你作为国王说的最后一句 62 "Earth and water." 土地和水 63 Madman. You"re a madman. 疯子，你是个疯子 Earth and water. You"ll find plenty of both down there. 土地和水，你在下面会找到很多的 64 No man, Persian or Greek, no man threatens a messenger. 波斯和希腊，没有人，没有人威胁使者 65 You bring the crowns and heads of conquered kings to my city steps. You insult my queen 你带着被征服国王的王冠和头颅踏进我的领地 你侮辱了我的皇后 66 You threaten my people with slavery and death. 你用奴役和死亡，威胁了我的人民 67 Oh, I"ve chosen my words carefully, Persian. 哦，我很小心地选择了我的话，波斯人 68 Perhaps you should have done the same. 也许你也应该这么做 69 This is blasphemy. This is madness! 这是亵渎，这是愚蠢的 70 Madness? 愚蠢的？ 71 This is Sparta! 这是斯巴达！ 72 Welcome, Leonidas. 欢迎你，列奥尼达 73 We have been expecting you. 我们都在等你 74 The ephods, priests to the old gods. 五大长老是古代天神的祭祀 74 Inbred swine .More creature than man .Creatures whom even Leonidas must bribe and beg. 天生卑劣的人，不是人而是傀儡甚至列奥尼达都必须行贿和乞求的傀儡 75 For no Spartan king has gone to war without the ephors" blessing. 斯巴达国王没有一个不是…带着五长老的祝福上战场的 76 The Persians claim their forces number in the millions. I hope, for our sake, they exaggerate. 波斯人声称有百万大军.我希望他们夸大其词了 77 But there"s no question, we face the most massive army ever assembled. 但毫无疑问，我们面对的是有史以来最庞大的军队 78 Before your plan is heard...what do you offer? 在你说出计划之前，你的贡品是什么？ 79 We will use our superior fighting skills... .and the terrain of Greece herself to destroy them. 我们会运用我们高超的战斗技术 和希腊自身的地形来消灭他们 80 We will march north to the coast, where I will make sure... 我们会向北行军，直到海边.我们要确定… 81 It is August, Leonidas. The full moon approaches. 现在是八月，列奥尼达很快就要满月了 82 The sacred and ancient festival. Sparta wages no war at the time of the Carneia. 是神圣和古老的节日 在卡尔涅亚祭的时期斯巴达不能发动战争 84 Sparta will burn! 斯巴达会被火烧！ 85 Her men will die at arms... 她的男人会战死 86 ...and her women and children will be slaves or worse. 她的女人和孩子会成为奴隶甚至更糟 87 Now, we will block the Persian coastal assault...by rebuilding the great Phocian Wall. 我们通过重建波斯城墙阻挡波斯人从沿海发动的进攻。 88 And from there, we will funnel them into the mountain pass we call the Hot Gates. 那时，我们就把他们集中到我们称作温泉关的山口里 89 Now, in that narrow corridor their numbers will count for nothing. 在那个狭窄山谷里他们的兵力就不值一提了 90 And wave after wave of Persian attack...will smash against Spartan shields. 波斯人接二连三的进攻会被斯巴达人的盾牌粉碎 91 Xerxes" losses will be so great his men so demoralized...he will have no choice but to abandon his campaign. 薛西斯的损失会相当巨大军队士气会严重受挫他别无选择，只有退兵 92 We must consult the oracle. Trust the gods, Leonidas. 我们必须征询先知的意见。相信众神，列奥尼达 93 I"d prefer you trusted your reason. 我宁愿你相信你的理智 94 Your blasphemies...have cost us quite enough already. 你的亵渎，已经让我损失够多了 95 Don"t compound them. 别再增加了 96 We will consult the oracle. 我们会征询先知的意见 97 Diseased old mystics. 旧有的病态的迷信 98 Worthless remnants of a time before Sparta"s ascent from darkness. 在斯巴达还处在黑暗时期就遗留下来的无价值的残留 99 Remnants of a senseless tradition. 毫无意义的传统残留 100 Tradition even Leonidas cannot defy...for he must respect the word of the ephods. 哪怕是列奥尼达，都不能违抗的传统 因为他必须尊重五长老说的话 101 That is the law. 这就是法律 102 And no Spartan, subject or citizen, man or woman...slave or king, is above the law. 不管是臣民还是公民，男人还是女人奴隶还是国王斯巴达人…无人能凌驾法律之上 103 The ephors choose only the most beautiful Spartan girls...to live among them as oracles. 五长老只挑选最漂亮的斯巴达女子作为先知…生活在他们之中。 104 Their beauty is their curse，for the old wretches have the needs of men...and souls as black as hell. 她们的美貌是她们的诅咒。这些老巫婆能够满足男人的需要…她们的灵魂和地狱一样黑暗 105 "Pray to the winds... Sparta will fall. All Greece will fall. 向四方祈祷 斯巴达将会沦陷整个希腊都会沦陷 106 Trust not in men …honor the gods. Honor the Carneia." 不要相信男人 尊重众神 尊重卡尔涅亚祭 The king"s climb down is harder. 国王下山的路变得艰难 107 Pompous, inbred swine. 妄自尊大、天生卑贱的人 108 Worthless, diseased, rotten... corrupt 卑鄙、病态、堕落 腐败 109 Truly, you"re in the god-king"s favor now...O wise and holy men. 你们现在真正得到了天神的宠爱哦，明智而圣洁的人们 110 Yes. 是的 111 And when Sparta burns,you shall bathe in gold. 当斯巴达被火烧的时候你们将沐浴在黄金里 112 Fresh oracles shall be delivered to you...daily...from every corner of the empire. 新鲜的先知每日都会从帝国的各个角落运送到你们这里 113 Your lips can finish what your fingers have started. 你的嘴唇停下了你的手指忍不住开始动了 114 Or has the oracle robbed you of your desire as well? 先知是不是把你的欲望也偷走了？ 115 It would take more than the words of a drunken adolescent girl...to rob me of my desire for you. 我对你的愿望可不是喝醉酒的少女的一两句话就可以让我放弃的 116 Then why so distant? 那你为什么那么冷漠？ 117 Because it seems...though a slave and captive of lecherous old men...the oracle"s words could set fire to all that I love. 因为现在似乎…先不管先知是不是…那些老色鬼的奴隶和傀儡 她的话，足以对所有…我热爱的东西构成威胁 118 So that is why my king loses sleep and is forced from the warmth of his bed? 那就是我王无心睡眠…离开他温暖睡床的原因？ 119 There"s only one womars words that should affect the mood of my husband.Those are mine. 只有一个女人的话可以影响我丈夫的心情 那是我说的话 120 Then what must a king doto save his world...when the very laws he is swornto protect force him to do nothing? 当一个国王发誓捍卫的法律…迫使他不能采取行动时他怎样才能拯救世界？ 121 It is not a question of what a Spartan citizen should do...nor a husband, nor a king. 这不是一个斯巴达人或丈夫，或国王…该怎么做的问题 122 Instead ask yourself, my dearest love...what should a free man do? 相反要问问你自己，我最深爱的人。一个自由的人该怎么做？ 123 Is this all of them?- 这里是全部的人？ 124 As you ordered. Three hundred. 按照你的要求，300人 125 All with born sons to carry on their name‘ 都是一脉相承的父子兵 126 We are with you, sire。For Sparta.。 For freedom.。To the death. 陛下，我们跟随你 为了斯巴达，为了自由 至死不渝 127 He is your son. He is too young to have felt a woman"s warmth. 他是你的儿子 他太年轻了，还没感受过女人的温暖 128 I have others to replace him。Astinos is as brave and ready as any. 我还有别的孩子可以替代他.阿斯蒂诺斯和其他人一样勇敢和乐意接受 129 No younger than we were the first time you stood next to me in battle. 他可不比我们第一次并肩战斗时年轻 130 You are a good friend...but a better captain, there is none. 你是个好朋友。但作为一个出色的统帅…还不是 131 My good king. 我的国王 132 My good king, the oracle has spoken. 我的国王，先知说了 133 The ephors have spoken.。There must be no march. 五长老说了，不可以出兵 134 It is the law, my lord. 这是法律，阁下 135 -The Spartan army must not go to war. 斯巴达军队不可以参战 136 Nor shall it. 当然不参战了 137 I"ve issued no such orders. 我可没有下达这样的命令 138 I"m here just taking a stroll,stretching my legs. 我只是在这里散步，伸伸我的腿 139 These 300 men are my personal bodyguard. 这300个人是我的御用护卫 140 Our army will stay in Sparta. 我们的军队会留在斯巴达 141 Where will you go? 你要去哪？ 142 I hadrt really thought about it...but now that you ask...I suppose I"ll head north. 我还真没想过，不过…既然你问了，我想我要去北边 143 The Hot Gates? 温泉关 144 Move out! 出发！ 145 Move out! 出发！ 146What shall we do? 我们该怎么办？ 147 What can we do? 我们能怎么办？ 148 What can you do? 你们能怎么办？ 149 Sparta will need sons. 斯巴达需要男孩子 150 Spartan! 斯巴达人！ 151 Yes, milady? 在，夫人？ 152 Come back with your shield...or on it. 带着你的盾牌回来，不然就战死沙场。 153 Yes, milady.
- 【 #小学英语# 导语】海阔凭你跃，天高任你飞。愿你信心满满，尽展聪明才智;妙笔生花，谱下锦绣第几篇。学习的敌人是自己的知足，要使自己学一点东西，必需从不自满开始。以下是 考 网为大家整理的《英语寓言故事【三篇】》 供您查阅。 【百喻经之四妇诈称死喻】 THE WIFE PRETENDS TO BE DEAD 时有愚人，其妇端正，情甚爱重。妇无直信，后于中间共他交往，邪*心盛，欲逐旁夫，舍离己婿。於是密语一老母言：“我去之后，汝可赍一死妇女尸，安著屋中。语我夫言，云我已死。” Once upon a time there was a stupid man who loved very much his beautiful wife. However, she had no true love for him. In the meantime, she associated herself surreptitiously with another man. Burning with lecherous passions, she wanted to leave her husband to be with her lover. She secretly told an old woman, "After my departure, I would like you to place a woman"s corpse in my house. You then tell my husband that I"m dead." 老母于后伺其夫主不在之时，以一死尸置其家中。及其夫还，老母语言：“汝妇已死。” 夫即往视，信是己妇。哀哭懊恼。大积薪油，烧取其骨，以囊盛之，昼夜怀挟。 The old woman did what she was told. She told the husband shortly after his return that his wife passed away. He went to see the corpse and believed it was that of his own wife. He grieved and wept bitterly. He gathered a great deal of wood and oil together for the cremation. Then he put the ashes into a bag and had it with him day and night. 妇于后时，心厌旁夫，便还妇家，语其夫言：“我是汝妻。” Shortly after, the wife got tired of her lover. She came back and told her husband, "I"m your wife." 夫答之言：“我妇已死，汝是阿谁？妄言我妇。”乃至二三，犹故不信。 The husband answered, "My wife died a long time ago. Who are you to lie to me that you are my wife?" The husband refused to believe her, in spite of her repeated explanations. 如彼外道，闻他邪说，心生惑著，谓为真实，永不可改。虽闻正教，不信受持。 So are the heretics who, having learned the heretical doctrine, confusedly stick to it with all their soul and take the doctrine to be the right one without altering their mind forever. Thus they will be unable to believe, accept or keep any other creed even it is an orthodox one. 注释： ①直信：坦白诚实。 ②欲逐傍夫：急欲追随情夫。 ③赍（jī）：送去，本文可当找来讲。 ④怀挟：放在怀里。 ⑤受持：受，佛教名词。指客体对主体即客观对人在生理和心理等各方面的影响。持，把握、控制。 白话： 从前有一位愚蠢的人，他的妻子长得端庄大方，他很喜爱和敬重她。但妻子不坦白诚实，在以后和别的男子有来往，欲火中烧，急欲追随情夫，抛弃自己的丈夫。在离家前，她偷偷地托付一位老太婆说：“我走后，你送去一具妇女的尸体放在我屋里，告诉我丈夫，说我已经死了。”老太婆后来趁她丈夫不在时，把一具女尸放在屋里。那丈夫回来后，老太婆就对他说：“你妻子已经死了。”他过去看了后，认为是自己的妻子，哀伤哭泣，十分痛苦。他堆起木材，浇上油，将尸体烧成骨灰，用袋子盛起来，日夜都揣在怀里。后来这个妻子厌倦了她的情夫，便回家对丈夫说：“我是你的妻子啊！”丈夫回答说：“我妻子已死去很久了，你是什么人，竟胡说是我妻子。”尽管她再三说明，她丈夫都不信。 这就像接受了其他教派一样，听到了异端邪说，心中产生了疑惑，并认为是真理，永远也不改变。虽然以后听到正确的东西，也不能相信并从内心把握和接受它。 源流： 《鸯崛摩罗经》卷二：譬如有愚夫，见雹生妄想，谓是琉璃珠，取已执持归，置之瓶器中，守护如真宝。不久悉融消，空想默然住，于余真琉璃，亦复作空想。 解说： 假作真时真亦假。 辨析： 本文有深刻的社会生活内容，涉及到家庭、感情、人际关系，这三条线索贯穿始终，而且每一个线索都展现了一幅生活画面。这些内容体现了佛教高僧潜移默化的教化方式和对社会生活的深刻认识。在这三条线索之后推出了一个用明喻修辞方法表现的寓意，寓意中又含有一层曲喻，使人读来如海上行一小船，虽碧海蓝天 风平浪静，却有水深莫测 险象潜行之感。 丈夫因妻子的“死”而情痴，情夫最终被抛弃，而妻子悔悟后回家被丈夫拒绝。由此用已经不辨真假的愚人比喻在思想上已经误入歧途的人是很难判断正确与错误的，从而又曲折地喻示出“外道”的力量是不容忽视的。 外道的内涵包括两方面，在印度，指除佛教外的其他学派，包括弥曼差派哲学、顺世派、六师外道、数论派、瑜伽派、耆那教、吠檀多派等哲学派别。在中国，主要指当时诸子百家中影响的儒道两家思想。佛教传入中国后，在与儒道两家长期的交锋中相互融合、相互吸收，在唐代形成了三家合流的局面。 【百喻经之十二煮黑石蜜浆喻】 THE BOILED BLACK ROCK - HONEY SYRUP 昔有愚人煮黑石蜜，有一富人来至其家。时此愚人便作是念：“我今当取黑石蜜浆，与此富人。”即著少水，用置火中，即于火上，以扇扇之，望得使冷。 Once upon a time, a man was boiling black rock-honey syrup, when a rich man came to his house. He thought he would give the syrup to the rich man. He poured a little water into it and put it on a slow fire. He then fanned it with a fan in the hope of cooling it. 傍人语言：“下不止火，扇之不已，云何得冷？” A bystander addressed to him, "If you don"t put out the fire below, how can you cool it even though you keep on fanning?" 尔时人众，悉皆嗤笑。 People began to laugh at him. 其犹外道，不灭烦恼炽燃之火，少作苦行，卧棘刺上，五热炙身，而望清凉寂静之道，终无是处。徒为智者之所怪笑。受苦现在，殃流来劫。 This is like the heretics who will practice a little mortification by sleeping on thorny brambles without putting out the flames of annoyance. As the five passions are still blazing within them, there is no way for such people to become cool and quiet. As a result, they sardonically laughed at by the wise. Moreover, they will suffer affliction in their present lives and transmigration in the future. 注释： ①黑石蜜：梵文是pataiasarkara，作黑石蜜时，要加入乳、油、面粉、焦土、炱煤之类，和合了，放在铛中煎煮，于竹甑（zèng）内盛了，投入水中，水即刻冒出烟来，嗞嗞作响，犹若将热铁放入了水中。冷却凝固后，呈褐色，且坚硬如石，故名黑石蜜。 ②烦恼：佛教名词，是人生欲望所带来的苦难的根源，如贪瞋痴等。 ③五热：佛教之外的一种苦行方法，在修炼者四周燃烧烈火的修行方法。 ④殃流来劫：殃流，灾难的岁月；来劫，以后久远的时光。佛教认为“劫”通常指人寿命的增减。 白话： 从前有一个愚蠢的人正在家里烧制黑石蜜的蜂糖。这时有一个富人来到他家中。愚人心里便想：“我应当取蜂糖来招待富人。”于是在熬的蜂糖里加上一些水，放到火上，用扇子去扇蜜糖，希望使糖很快冷却。旁边的人说：“蜜糖下面不把火熄灭，再扇又怎能使糖冷却呢？”人们听到这件事后，都觉得十分可笑。 这就好比不信佛教的其他教派，不能够消除人生欲望的火焰，只是通过修苦行，躺在荆棘丛中。还有的在烈焰中熬煎苦炼而希望得到清静凉爽的超凡脱俗境界，这是绝对做不到的，只能让得到人生真谛的人们耻笑。不仅在现在的生活中承受苦难，还会使灾难延续到未来的岁月中。 【百喻经之八山羌偷官库衣喻】 A RUSTIC STEALS CLOTHES FROM THE PALACE TREASURY 过去之世，有一山羌，偷王库物而远逃走。尔时国王遣人四出推寻，捕得将至王边，王即责其所得衣处。山羌答言：“我衣乃是祖父之物。” 王遣著衣，实非山羌本所有故，不知著之，应在手者，著於脚上，应在腰者，返著头上。 Once upon a time there was a rustic who stole garments from the palace and then escaped to a remote place. The king sent men to search for him in all directions. Finally, he was arrested and taken to the king who accused him of theft and asked him where he had got the clothes. The rustic answered that they belonged to his grandfather. The king then ordered him to put them on. He did not know how to wear them. He put on his arms what should be worn on his legs. What he ought to have on his waist, he put on his head. 王见贼已，集诸臣等，共详此事，而语之言：“若是汝之祖父已来所有衣者，应当解著，云何颠倒，用上为下？以不解故，定知汝衣必是偷得，非汝旧物。” Seeing this, the king summoned his ministers for consultation on the matter. "If the clothes belonged to your grandfather, you should know how to wear them. How can you wear them in all wrong ways? It"s certain that they are not your old clothes. You have stolen them," said the king. 借以为譬：王者如佛，宝藏如法，愚痴羌者，犹如外道。 Figuratively speaking, here the king is like Buddha; the valuable clothes, the Buddhist teachings; the stupid rustic, the heretic. 窃听佛法，著己法中，以为自有。然不解故，布置佛法，迷乱上下，不知法相。 A heretic, who has eavesdropped on Buddhism, makes it for his own. He then misinterprets it, because he does not know the real meaning of its teachings. 如彼山羌，得王宝衣，不识次第，颠倒而著，亦复如是。 This heretic is like the rustic who stole the king"s valuable clothes without knowing how to wear them properly and put them on in all the wrong ways. 注释： ①山羌：居住在山林之中，以猎、牧为生的人。 ②推寻捕得：推寻，打探寻找；捕得，追捕到。 ③法：佛教的重要理论范畴。原始佛教认为：法是贯穿于物质世界和精神世界的规律，一切物质世界的现象和人的精神、意识都是法的表现。宇宙间的一切现象既是瞬息万变的，又是统一的、互相联系的。人的认识的根本目的就在于通过自己精神的“反观内照”来认识法，从而得到真正的精神解脱。传说中佛陀在菩提树下的成正觉，即大彻大悟的智慧，就是认识了法，从而获得了彻底解脱的认识。但“法”这一理论范畴并非创自佛教，佛教借用了“法”这个范畴，并赋予了新的含义，使之成为支配自然现象以及人类精神活动的普遍规律。佛典中所谓“法建世间”的含义充分表现了“法”的重要意义。 ④法相：主要有六种含义，分别是指：各种法的特质；对事物的观念；诸法的差别与形态；现象存在的形态；事物存在的形态；现象界的事物。本文指一切事物的真实形态，诸法的本性，即真理的特质。参见《维摩经》、《法华玄义》，罗什译《小品般若》等。 ⑤次第：等次、位次，本文指使用的方法。 白话： 很久以前，有一位居住在山林的人，偷了国王仓库的东西后逃到了远方。国王知道后，立即派人四处打探寻找，捕获了山民，把他带到国王面前。国王马上追问山民衣物的来源。山民回答：“这衣服是我祖父留给我的。”国王让他把衣服穿好。由于衣服确实不是他的，所以不知道怎样穿。应该穿戴在手上的，却套在了脚上，应当扎在腰上的，却围在了头上。国王见了，确定是贼无疑，召集大臣讨论这件事，并说：“如果是你祖父留给你的衣物，你应熟悉这些衣物的穿法，为什么上下颠倒，戴在手上的却穿在脚下？所以不会穿，在于你的衣服肯定是偷来的，而不是你原有的衣物。” 借这个故事作比喻：国王好比佛陀，国库的财产好比自然与认识的规律。愚蠢无知的山民，像其他各种思想派别，听到一些佛教的教义，就认为已经掌握了认识自然与现象的规律，自以为是，但并不能理解它的实质，就妄加断言，思维逻辑颠倒，不认识一切事物的真实形态、本性，以及真理的本质意义。这好像山民，得到国王的衣物，不懂怎么使用，上下颠倒地穿戴的道理一样。
- Bitch Goddess
- Passion and the Opera Princess of lust 欲望中的公主 Dignity put to dust 视威严于尘土 A virginal sight 纯洁的视界 Their apple to bite 尝食他们的苹果 Drink from my thighs 痛饮麻醉了双腿 The rain of lies 这谎言的雨 A sight so cursed 诅咒的奇观 Breasts which never nursed 从未呵护过任何的胸膛 An Aphrodite for mortal souls 爱神迷上了人类的灵魂 Playing hide and seek in lecherous roles 享乐并沉醉在情欲中 Their erotic hour my tearless weep 他们情欲的末日是我无泪的哭泣 Their satisfaction my infinite sleep 他们满足我永恒的沉睡 Naked limbs reflecting from the moon 裸露的翅膀折射月光 I"ll be there for you soon 我等待你不久的到来 First wish for this night: 这个夜晚的第一个愿望 Let me be your delight 让我为你欢喜 Body of a virgin 圣洁的身体 Soul to the Devil"s kin 灵魂在恶魔的身体下 Your God is me 我是你神 In all that you see 你所看见的 An Aphrodite for mortal souls... 爱神迷上了人类的灵魂
- I"m blue.
- 1 ambidextrous adj. 十分灵巧的 2 obstreperous adj. 吵闹的，难管束的 3 humorous a.富于幽默的，诙谐的 4 adventurous a. 喜欢冒险的,大胆的,惊险的 5.boisterous adj. 喧闹的，欢闹的 扩展资料 6 rapturous adj. 着迷的，狂喜的 7 cadaverous adj. 像尸体的，（形容）枯槁的 8 cantankerous adj. 脾气坏的，好争吵的 9 carboniferous n. 石炭纪,石炭层 10 carnivorous adj. 食肉的。 11 chivalrous adj. 武士精神的，侠义的 12 clamorous adj. 吵闹的，喧哗的 13 cumbrous a. 讨厌的,累赘的,成负担的 14 dangerous adj.危险的 15 decorous adj. 符合礼节的，相称的 16 desirous adj. 渴望的 17 dexterous adj. 灵巧的，熟练的 18 disasterous a. 灾难性的，造成惨重损失的 19 disastrous a.灾难性的；悲惨的 20 dolorous adj. 悲哀的，忧愁的 21 ferrous adj.铁的；亚铁的；含铁的 22 fibrous a. 纤维的,纤维性的 23 generous a.慷慨的；宽厚的 24 glamorous adj. 迷人的，富有魅力的 25 herbivorous a. 食草的 26 humorous a.富于幽默的，诙谐的 27 humourous a. 幽默的，诙谐的 28 idolatrous adj. 偶像崇拜的 29 indecorous a. 无体的,不合礼节的 30 lecherous adj. 好色的 31 leprous a. 麻疯病的,患麻疯病的,不洁的 32 ludicrous a. 可笑的,滑稽的,荒唐的 33 lustrous adj. 有光泽的 34 malodorous adj. 有臭味的，不合法的 35 monstrous a.可怕的；极大的" 36 murderous a. 凶狠的,杀人的,致命的 37 nitrous a. 氮的,含氮的,硝石的 38 numerous a.为数众多的；许多 39 obstreperous adj. 吵闹的，难管束的 40 odoriferous adj. 有香味的，芳香的 41 odorous a. 芬芳的,臭的,有气味的 42 omnivorous adj. 杂食的，兴趣广泛的 43 onerous adj. 繁重的、麻烦的 44 pestiferous a. 传播疾病的,邪恶的 45 ponderous adj. 笨重的，笨拙的 46 porous adj. 可渗透的，多孔的 47 preposterous adj. 荒谬的，可笑的 48 prosperous a.繁荣的，昌盛的 49 rancorous adj. 怨恨的，憎恨的
- -放纵 abandon v.n.放弃，放纵 bacchanal n.(行为放纵的)狂欢会 bacchanalian adj.狂欢的,行为放纵的 carouse v.n.狂饮寻乐 carousal n.欢闹的酒宴 debauch v.使放荡，堕落 debauchery n.放荡，沉缅酒色 incontinent adj.无力控制(自己)的，纵欲的 intemperate adj.无节制的,放纵的 laxity n.松弛，放纵 lechery n.好色，纵欲 liberated adj.无拘束的，放纵的 libertine n.性行为放纵者，浪荡子 licentious adj.纵欲的，放肆的 rambunctious adj.喧闹的，放纵的 saturnalia n.纵情狂欢 wanton adj.顽皮的，放纵的 spree n 狂欢，纵乐，宴会 voluptuous adj.撩人的，沉溺酒色的 voluptuary n.耽于逸乐的人 lascivious adj.*乱的，好色的 lecherous adj.好色的 lewd adj.好色的，猥亵的 libidinous adj.性欲强的，好色的 lubricious adj.光滑的，好色的 prurient adj.好色的,*乱的 prurience n.好色,*乱 salacious adj.好色的，*荡的. salacity n.好色，*荡 sensual adj.肉欲的、*荡的 sensuality n.*荡、好色 excesses n.过份荒*的行为 smutty adj.**的 voyeur n.窥*狂者，窥隐私者 obscene adj **的 risque adj 下流的，*猥的 bawdy adj *猥的、下流的 prodigality n放荡,*逸,挥霍浪费,慷慨,丰富 immoral adj.不道德的，*荡的 reprobate v.谴责，指责.adj.n.堕落的(人) ignoble adj.卑鄙的，下流的 ribald adj.下流的，粗鄙的 scurrilous adj.下流的、恶言毁谤的 vulgar adj.无教养的，下流的 cad n. 卑鄙的男人,下流人,无赖 indelicate a. 下流的,无教养的,卑鄙的,不雅的 lust n.强烈的欲望 dissolute adj.放荡的，无节制的 raffish adj.轻浮的，放荡的 profligate adj.挥金如土的 n.挥霍者,放荡者 sybaritic adj 奢侈享乐的 epicurean adj.好享乐的享乐主义的 hedonism n.享乐主义，享乐 hedonistic adj.享乐的
- —放纵 abandon v.n.放弃，放纵 bacchanal n.（行为放纵的）狂欢会 bacchanalian adj.狂欢的，行为放纵的 carouse v.n.狂饮寻乐carousal n.欢闹的酒宴 debauch v.使放荡，堕落 debauchery n.放荡，沉缅酒色 incontinent adj.无力控制（自己）的，纵欲的 intemperate adj.无节制的，放纵的 laxity n.松弛，放纵 lechery n.好色，纵欲 liberated adj.无拘束的，放纵的 libertine n.性行为放纵者，浪荡子 licentious adj.纵欲的，放肆的 rambunctious adj.喧闹的，放纵的 saturnalia n.纵情狂欢 wanton adj.顽皮的，放纵的 spree n狂欢，纵乐，宴会 voluptuous adj.撩人的，沉溺酒色的 voluptuary n.耽于逸乐的人 lascivious adj.淫乱的，好色的 lecherous adj.好色的 lewd adj.好色的，猥亵的 libidinous adj.性欲强的，好色的 lubricious adj.光滑的，好色的 prurient adj.好色的，淫乱的 prurience n.好色，淫乱 salacious adj.好色的，淫荡的. salacity n.好色，淫荡 sensual adj.肉欲的、淫荡的
- 押头韵是alliertation， the repeating of the same letter (or sound) at the beginning of words 。可能是Assonance: is more or less the direct opposite of alliteration. This is the repetition of vowel sound in two or more words in lines of poetry。仅供参考。
- Treacherous歌手：Vyvienne Long发行时间：2010-03-12所属专辑：《Caterpillar Sarabande》reacherousTry to be goodTo break up this sadnessWhen someone else couldErase all this madnessLosing controlGrip on realityFragmented soulAnd resident maladyBut you were sublimeYour words were treacherousSuitable timeFor feeling so lecherousNothing so good as when it"s badYou were the best I"ve ever hadNothing so goodBecause we couldNothing so goodPray for the endYou prey on my weaknessAnd none will defendWhat makes me feel weakestBreaking the iceWas not my intentionI"m stuck in a viceStill I cannot mention thatYou were sublimeHer lips were treacherousSuitable timeFor feeling so recklessNothing so good as when it"s badYou were the best I"ve ever hadNothing so goodBecause we couldNothing so goodSo good, so good
- 第二段独白：第一幕第五场 原文 O all you host of heaven! O earth! what else? And shall I couple hell? O, fie! Hold, hold, my heart; And you, my sinews, grow not instant old, But bear me stiffly up. Remember thee! Ay, thou poor ghost, while memory holds a seat In this distracted globe. Remember thee! Yea, from the table of my memory I"ll wipe away all trivial fond records, All saws of books, all forms, all pressures past, That youth and observation copied there; And thy commandment all alone shall live Within the book and volume of my brain, Unmix"d with baser matter: yes, by heaven! O most pernicious woman! O villain, villain, smiling, damned villain! My tables,--meet it is I set it down, That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain; At least I"m sure it may be so in Denmark: Writing So, uncle, there you are. Now to my word; It is "Adieu, adieu! remember me." I have sworn "t. 译文 啊，天上的所有天使，哦，大地， 还有什么？难道还要让我呼唤地狱吗？ 呸，挺住，挺住，我的心。 还有你，我的肌肉，不要顷刻衰颓， 但助我逆势而起。记住你！ 唉，可怜的亡魂，只要记忆还能 在这纷扰的寰球占据一席， 我就记住你！ 嗯！从我记忆的图版上， 我将抹去琐碎的快乐的记录， 所有书本的教导、图画和印象， 那些青春和阅历留下的印记， 只留下你的命令永远长存， 在我头脑的书卷里， 不掺杂任何低俗的事务， 是的，天堂作证！ 哦，害人精一样的女人， 啊，恶棍，恶棍，笑里藏奸、必遭天谴的恶棍。 在我的笔记里都记下来了， 那家伙也许微笑着，但依然是个恶棍。 至少在丹麦我敢这样确信。 因此，叔叔，你等着我， 这就是我的暗语： 再见，再见，记得我， 我已对天盟誓！ 第三段独白：第二幕第二场 原文： Now I am alone. O, what a rogue and peasant slave am I! Is it not monstrous that this player here, But in a fiction, in a dream of passion, Could force his soul so to his own conceit That from her working all his visage wann"d, Tears in his eyes, distraction in"s aspect, A broken voice, and his whole function suiting With forms to his conceit? and all for nothing! For Hecuba! What"s Hecuba to him, or he to Hecuba, That he should weep for her? What would he do, Had he the motive and the cue for passion That I have? He would drown the stage with tears And cleave the general ear with horrid speech, Make mad the guilty and appal the free, Confound the ignorant, and amaze indeed The very faculties of eyes and ears. Yet I, A dull and muddy-mettled rascal, peak, Like John-a-dreams, unpregnant of my cause, And can say nothing; no, not for a king, Upon whose property and most dear life A damn"d defeat was made. Am I a coward? Who calls me villain? breaks my pate across? Plucks off my beard, and blows it in my face? Tweaks me by the nose? gives me the lie i" the throat, As deep as to the lungs? who does me this? Ha! "Swounds, I should take it: for it cannot be But I am pigeon-liver"d and lack gall To make oppression bitter, or ere this I should have fatted all the region kites With this slave"s offal: bloody, bawdy villain! Remorseless, treacherous, lecherous, kindless villain! O, vengeance! Why, what an ass am I! This is most brave, That I, the son of a dear father murder"d, Prompted to my revenge by heaven and hell, Must, like a whore, unpack my heart with words, And fall a-cursing, like a very drab, A scullion! Fie upon"t! foh! About, my brain! I have heard That guilty creatures sitting at a play Have by the very cunning of the scene Been struck so to the soul that presently They have proclaim"d their malefactions; For murder, though it have no tongue, will speak With most miraculous organ. I"ll have these players Play something like the murder of my father Before mine uncle: I"ll observe his looks; I"ll tent him to the quick: if he but blench, I know my course. The spirit that I have seen May be the devil: and the devil hath power To assume a pleasing shape; yea, and perhaps Out of my weakness and my melancholy, As he is very potent with such spirits, Abuses me to damn me: I"ll have grounds More relative than this: the play "s the thing Wherein I"ll catch the conscience of the king. 译文： 现在我清静了， 唉，我是一个多么不肖而下贱的奴隶啊。 跟这个演员相比，难道我不是禽兽吗？ 你看他只是在演戏， 只是沉浸在想象的激情中 就强迫自己的心灵贴近高超的演技。 面色惨白，泪流满腮， 外表狂暴，声音破碎嘶哑， 所作所为都与想象完全一致。 什么都不为，就为赫丘柏。 赫丘柏是他什么人？ 他又是赫丘柏的谁谁谁？ 竟搭上他那么多眼泪？ 加入他心怀我这样的动机， 身负我这样的血海深仇， 他会怎么做？ 他定会用泪水淹没整个舞台， 用恐怖的话语劈开观众的耳朵， 让有罪的疯狂， 让无辜者震惊， 让不知情的人迷惑， 让眼睛与耳朵都陷入迷宫。 但是我， 一个空虚、萎靡的混蛋， 无所事事，如同梦游， 该做的一样也不去做， 对长命百岁的国王， 一句话都不敢说。 多么该死的自毁自贱。 我是个懦夫吗？ 是谁称呼我坏蛋？ 谁敲开了我的脑袋， 拔下我的胡子吹到我脸上， 谁在拧我的鼻子， 把谎言放进我的喉咙， 探入我的肺腑？ 这都是谁干的？ 凭着上帝十字架上的伤口发誓， 我应该行动，而不是现在这样， 但我像各自一样胆小，缺乏勇气， 也不敢把那个老贼的肠子掏出来喂天上的老鹰， 那个该死的猥琐的恶人， 不知悔改的，堕落淫荡的， 毫无怜悯的恶棍！ 啊，报仇雪恨。 为什么，我竟是这样的浪荡？ 我，作为一个儿子，亲生父亲被人杀害， 从天堂和地狱向我发出复仇的呼求。 我本当是最勇敢的人， 可却像个婊子， 只会心里冒火，废话滔滔， 像个长舌妇一样诅咒， 像个店伙计一样发泄。 呸，真不要脸！ 让我冷静一下，嗯，我听说 做了恶的人坐下来看戏的时候 只要演到他们犯下的罪行， 在那个巧妙的场景里， 他们的灵魂就会被立即击中， 尤其是杀人害命， 尽管不长舌头， 也会用神奇的器官发声认罪。 我要让这些演员， 把一出类似我父亲遇害的戏 在我叔叔面前表演， 我会仔细观察他的表情， 只要他一退缩， 我就知道该怎么做了。 那晚我见到的游魂， 也许是魔鬼，它有这样的能力， 使自己变成和蔼近人的样子。 是和，也许正是利用我的软弱和伤心， 它让这些强大的鬼魂 来欺骗我去犯永久沉沦的重罪。 我有办法可以得出结论， 比单纯相信鬼魂的话更为可靠。 好戏马上开场， 让我来检验一下国王的良心。
- 日历女孩演职员表：导演尼杰尔·科尔 Nigel Cole 演员海伦·米伦 Helen Mirren ...... Chris Harper 朱莉·沃尔特斯 Julie Walters ...... Annie Clarke 约翰·阿德顿 John Alderton ...... John Clarke 琳达·巴丝特 Linda Bassett ...... Cora Annette Crosbie ...... Jessie 菲利浦·格伦尼斯特 Philip Gleniste ...... Lawrence Sertain 斯安·辛德斯 Ciarán Hinds ...... Rod Harper Celia Imrie ...... Celia 杰拉丁尼·詹姆斯 Geraldine James ...... Marie 佩内洛普·威尔顿 Penelope Wilton ...... Ruth Reynoldson 乔治·卡斯蒂根 George Costigan ...... Eddie Reynoldson Graham Crowden ...... Richard John Fortune ...... Frank Georgie Glen ...... Kathy Angela Curran ...... May Wilkinson Rosalind March ...... Trudy John-Paul Macleod ...... Jem Harper Marc Pickering ...... Gaz 约翰·沙里安 John Sharian ...... Danny Belinda Everett ...... Maya Harriet Thorpe ...... Brenda Mooney Gillian Wright ...... Eddie"s Woman Ian Embleton ...... Andy Janet Howd ...... Julia Lesley Staples ...... Jenny Richard Brain ...... Policeman Maggie McCarthy ...... W.I. Administrator 1 Diana Marchment ...... W.I. Administrator 2 Celia Henebury ...... Check-In Stewardess Ted Robbins ...... Ted the Bike Man Arthur Kelly ...... Bookshop Owner Alison Pargeter ...... Chemist"s Assistant Tim Barker ...... Holiday Speaker 安格斯·巴内特 Angus Barnett ...... Orchid Photographer Frank Barrie ...... Lecherous Photographer John Sparkes ...... Welsh Photographer Merryn Owen ...... Student Photographer Richard Ashton ...... Policeman 2 Shameer Madarbakus ...... Policeman 3 Elizabeth Bennett ...... W.I. Judge Simon Ludders ...... Waiter Darren Southworth ...... Sofa Salesman Sharon Thomas ...... TV Reporter Christa Ackroyd ...... News Presenter Geoffrey Wilkinson ...... Seed Company Manager Bob Flag ...... Alan Rathbone Mark Hayford ...... Charity Chicken Worker Geoffrey Banks ...... Lycra Cyclist 1 Wilfred Harrison ...... Lycra Cyclist 2 Adil Hussain ...... Jem"s Friend 1 Wagas Altaf ...... Jem"s Friend 2 Paul McLeary ...... Husband 1 Peter Lorenzelli ...... Husband 2 杰伊·莱诺 Jay Leno ...... Himself 马特·马洛伊 Matt Malloy ...... Hotel Manager 帕顿·奥斯瓦尔特 Patton Oswalt ...... Larry Craig Kirkwood ...... Bellboy Frank Bello ...... Frank, Anthrax John Bush ...... John, Anthrax Scott Ian ...... Scott Anthrax (as Scott I Ashley Niles ...... Hotel Registration Angela Baker ...... Highgyll W.I. Lady Beryl Bamforth ...... Highgyll W.I. Lady Christine Clancy ...... Highgyll W.I. Lady Ros Fawcett ...... Highgyll W.I. Lady Lynda Logan ...... Highgyll W.I. Lady Tricia Stewart ...... Highgyll W.I. Lady Roy the Postman ...... Himself Lisa Renée ...... Personal Assistant (uncre
- a lecherous look
- Princess of lust 欲望中的公主 Dignity put to dust 视威严于尘土 A virginal sight 纯洁的视界 Their apple to bite 尝食他们的苹果 Drink from my thighs 痛饮麻醉了双腿 The rain of lies 这谎言的雨 A sight so cursed 诅咒的奇观 Breasts which never nursed 从未呵护过任何的胸膛 An Aphrodite for mortal souls 爱神迷上了人类的灵魂 Playing hide and seek in lecherous roles 享乐并沉醉在情欲中 Their erotic hour my tearless weep 他们情欲的末日是我无泪的哭泣 Their satisfaction my infinite sleep 他们满足我永恒的沉睡 Naked limbs reflecting from the moon 裸露的翅膀折射月光 I"ll be there for you soon 我等待你不久的到来 First wish for this night: 这个夜晚的第一个愿望 Let me be your delight 让我为你欢喜 Body of a virgin 圣洁的身体 Soul to the Devil"s kin 灵魂在恶魔的身体下 Your God is me 我是你神 In all that you see 你所看见的 An Aphrodite for mortal souls... 爱神迷上了人类的灵魂
- disaster and lecherous success
- 歌曲名:Passion And The Opera (single edit)歌手:Nightwish专辑:Passion and the Opera标题：Passion And The Opera艺术家：NightwishPrincess of lustDignity put to dustA virginal sightTheir apple to biteDrink from my thighsThe rain of liesA sight so cursedBreasts which never nursedAn Aphrodite for mortal soulsPlaying hide and seek in lecherous rolesTheir erotic hour my tearless weepTheir satisfaction my infinite sleepNaked limbs reflecting from the moonI"ll be there for you soonFirst wish for this night:Let me be your delightBody of a virginSoul to the Devil"s kinYour God is meIn all that you seeAn Aphrodite for mortal soulsPlaying hide and seek in lecherous rolesTheir erotic hour my tearless weepTheir satisfaction my infinite sleep金属梦：66032164http://music.baidu.com/song/55076972
- Godfather Plot description: The summer of 1945, the U.S. headquarters Corleone Mafia family leaders, "Godfather" Don Vito Corleone Connie for the little girl held a grand wedding. "The Godfather" has three sons: the eldest son of Sunni lecherous, cowardly, the second son of Fred and just returned from the battlefield of World War II returned youngest son Mike. One Sunni yes "Godfather" of the right-hand man; and Mike though smart and capable, but ignored the family"s "cause" no interest. "The Godfather" is a Mafia leader, and often illegal structure when dry. But he is also a weak protection of civilians in many gods, won the people"s love. He also has a criterion is by no means harmful drug trafficking. To this end, he rejected the request of narco-prime Lozo, and thus intensified with several other New York Mafia family conflicts. On Christmas Eve, prime Lozo hijacked the "Godfather" of the great son Tom, and he sent the assassination of "The Godfather." "The Godfather" was shot in hospital. Su-Lozo to Tom managed to agree that drug trafficking Sunni, re-negotiation. Sunni foolhardy, he vowed revenge, but can not do anything. Mike go to the hospital to visit his father, he found that bodyguards had been bought, while the police and the prime Lozo complicit. Clashes between the hair-trigger for every family. Mike has developed a ruse to lure prime Lozo and the sheriff to come to the negotiations. In a small restaurant, the Mike with the prior possession of a pistol shot in the toilet of prime Lozo and Sergeant. Michael fled to Sicily, where he married a beautiful wife, living the idyllic life. By this time, New York, the vendetta between the various Mafia families has become increasingly fierce. Sunnis have been Connie"s husband Carlo betrayed scarred were beaten. "The Godfather" back injury to arrange reconciliation between the various families. Heard the sad news of Mike has also been attacked. Fabrizio bribed guards installed in Mike"s car bomb. Although Mike survived, but lost his beloved wife. Mike returned to New York in 1951, and and the former girlfriend, Kay got married. The increasingly aging "Godfather" will be passed to the location of the family head Mike. In the "Godfather," died after Mike started the long-awaited revenge. He sent the assassination of another family of two rival leaders, and personally killed his ex-wife"s murder Fabrizio. He also ordered the killing of Carlo for the Sunni avenged. Listed out in full cut off enemies. Connie because her husband was killed and rushed into the house, frantically Sida Mike. Mike solemn manner ordered to Connie sent to a lunatic asylum. He has become a new generation of "Godfather"
- 《The Promise》
- 歌曲名:Playin With Fire歌手:Lil Wayne专辑:Tha Carter Iii-Cash MoneyNatasha Thomas - Playin" With FireAlbum: Playin With FireWritten: Andy Love/Taan NewjamIt"s like I"m playin" with fireReal hot take you higherIt"s like I"m playin" with fireIt"s like I"m playin" with fireReal hot take you higherIt"s like I"m playin" with fireAs he moves across the floorAs he groovesI"m lost for wordsSee his hair is the darkest brownMakes me wanna stay as he looks my wayCome on move your body mamma get up on the dance floorLet me see you workin" what your mamma gave youWanna see you grindBaby show me what you came forBack breakin" booty shakin" til the nights thoughCome on let me know if you wanna get down with meWe can dance through the night and just take it real casuallyCome on let me know if you wanna come back with meIf you stay through the nightI can show you what you wanna seeIt"s like I"m playin" with fireReal hot take you higherIt"s like I"m playin" with fireMovin" close bodies intertwinedAin"t no rush I"m gonna take my timeTaste his lipsCarress his skinFeel his touchMake me just give inCome on move your body baby all up in the bedroomLet me see you workin" what your mamma gave youWanna see you sweatBaby boy I gotta get someBack breakin" booty shakin" til the nights throughCome on let me know if you wanna get down with meWe can dance through the night and just take it real casuallyCome on let me know if you wanna come back with meIf you stay through the nightI can show you what you wanna seeCoz it"s likeShe got legs to her ears y"allWhen she walk people cheer y"allI never seen a girl like thisAh, yeah, hooh...It"s like I"m playin" with fireIt"s such shakin" make higherShe"s got the body like a lecherous cameCome on let me knowCome on let me know if you wanna get down with meWe can dance through the night and just take it real casuallyCome on let me know if you wanna come back with meIf you stay through the nightI can show you what you wanna seeCoz it"s likeIt"s like I"m playin" with fireReal hot take you higherIt"s like I"m playin" with fire<END>http://music.baidu.com/song/743551
- 歌曲名:Admit It Again歌手:Say Anything专辑:Anarchy, My DearSay Anything - Admit It AgainQQ : 349777127When I"m dead, I"ll rest, I"ll restWhen I"m dead, I"ll rest, I"ll restAdmit it, you lecherous douche!You were listening to my band in 2004though you claim you were reared on the stoogesYour entire facade is a line that you feed to anorexic actressesWho would have laughed at your jacked-upNavajo haircut, less than a decade agoDon"t wanna hear about how the latestRihanna single is a post-modern masterpieceStop punishing me!Fueled by a potent mixture of cocaine and latent insecurityDefining your own self-worth by the opinion of a stupid websitewith Satan as its figureheadNow you pass your pestilence on to your riddled and addled childrenWell my mother didn"t raise no foolGod, my blood boils at the thought of you!Poser, die!(Again! Again! Again!)You"ll never cut me down again(Again! Again! Again!)You"ll never cut me downAnd your crap reigns downAnd the crap reigns downAnd the crap reigns downAnd the crap reigns downI"m sure you"re proud that you"ve usurped the "popular kids table"You son of a (ineffable)Which means you"ve forfeited your dubious anti-credby buying into your own inflated hypeAnd I don"t define my enemiesby the clothes they wear or the pretentious bands they likeIt"s about how you seek to control minds,just to appease what you"ve always lacked!(Again! Again! Again!)You"ll never have your say again(Again! Again! Again!)You"ll never wield those words again(Again! Again! Again!)You"ll never have your say again(Caught up in it! So full of it! You"ll never have your say again!)And the crap reigns down!And the crap reigns down!And the crap reigns down!And the crap reigns down!Don"t want nobody, don"t need nobody but meNo ashtray-life, no ant-farm universityWhen I rid my skin and reveal my core, you"ll seeWhen I perpetrate your reverse-lobotomyYou"ll seeI"m all, I wanna be!I"m all, That I wanna be!I"m all, I wanna be!Don"t want nobody, don"t need nobody but me!I"m all, I wanna be!I"m all, That I wanna be!I"m all, I wanna be!Don"t want nobody, don"t need nobody but me!Say Anything - Admit It AgainQQ : 349777127http://music.baidu.com/song/17893051
- "GREASE," the film version of the still-running Broadway musical show, is not really the 1950"s teen-age movie musical it thinks it is, but a contemporary fantasy about a 1950"s teen-age musical—a larger, funnier, wittier and more imaginative-than-Hollywood movie with a life that is all its own. It uses the Eisenhower era — the characters, costumes, gestures and particularly, the music—to create a time and place that have less to do with any real 50"s than with a kind of show business that is both timeless and old-fashioned, both sentimental and wise. The movie, which opens today at Loews State 2 and other theaters, is also terrific fun.Because I seem to be one of the few persons who has never seen the Broadway show, I"m not sure how the movie differs from the original, yet it"s apparent that the film"s score, which is one of the best things about the production, has been liberally supplemented by new material and new-old material, including "Love Is a Many Splendored Thing," which has never before sounded so marvelously, soaringly inane.Somewhat in the manner of "Close Encounters of the Third Kind," which recalls the science-fiction films of the 50"s in a manner more elegant and more benign, than anything that was ever made then, "Grease" is a multimillion-dollar evocation of the B-picture quickies that Sam Katzman used to turn out in the 50"s ("Don"t Knock the Rock," 1957) and that American International carried to the sea in the 1960"s ("Beach Party," 1963).The gang at old Rydell High, which is the universe of "Grease," is unlike any high school class you"ve ever seen except in the movies. For one thing, they"re all rather long in the tooth to be playing kids who"d hang around malt shops. For another, they are loaded with the kind of talent and exuberance you don"t often find very far from a musical stage. They not only portray characters but effectively make comments on them.Olivia Newton-John, the recording star in her American film debut, is simultaneously very funny and utterly charming as the film"s ingénue, a demure, virginal Sandra Dee-type. She possesses true screen presence as well as a sweet, sure singing voice, while the Sandra Dee I remember had a voice that seemed to have been manufactured in Universal"s speech-and-special-effects department.John Travolta, as Miss Newton-John"s costar, a not-so-malevolent gang-leader, is better than he was in "Saturday Night Fever." I"m still not sure if he"s a great actor, but he"s a fine performer with the kind of energy and humor that are brought to life by the musical numbers.Stockard Channing, as the high school"s tramp who has a dirty mouth and a heart of gold, would (if it were possible) stop the show twice, once with a pasty put-on of poor Olivia ("Look at Me, I"m Sandra Dee") and another when she attempts, in song, to explain why it"s more honorable to be loose than uptight ("There Are Worse Things I Could Do").The film"s producers, Robert Stigwood and Allen Carr, and director, Rundel Kleiser (whose first theatrical feature this is), have also supplemented the cast of comparative youngsters with a whole crowd of actors we associate with the 50"s, and who seem here to have survived with barely a visible dent.Eve Arden, a fixture of the 50"s as Our Miss Brooks, plays Rydell High"s unflappable principal; Sid Caesar is the football coach; Edd Byrnes comes on briefly as the lecherous host of a teen-age TV show that decides to spotlight Rydell in a network program; Jean Blondell is the harassed waitress at the corner soda fountain, and, maybe funniest of all, is Frankie Avalon, who appears in a dream sequence to counsel an unhappy student ("Beauty School Dropout").Bronte Woodward has adapted the Broadway book by Jim Jacobs and Warren Casey, who also wrote the show"s original score, in such a way that the plot serves the purpose of the music without needlessly interfering with it.It"s to the director"s credit that the musical numbers slip in and out of reality mostly with hugely comic effect. The highlights of the stage show include the upbeat rock number, "We Go Together," and the rueful "Summer Nights," both sung by Mr. Travolta and Miss Newton-John, but the hit of the film is probably a breathless new number, "You"re the One That, I Want," written by John Farrar and beautifully choreographed by Patricia Birch.Because there haven"t been that many movie musicals recently, it doesn"t mean much to say that "Grease" is the best we"ve had in years. I"m also afraid that people who (like me) have no special fondness for the 50"s might be put off by the film"s time and place. Let me emphasize, then, that "Grease" stands outside the traditions it mimics. Its sensibility is not tied to the past but to a free-wheeling, well informed, high-spirited present.
- good faternoon
- 虽然没有翻完 但是每个字都是自己翻译的It is as though some giant"s hand were squeezing the trunks of the trees, forcing the sap up and along the branches, for the blossom seems to squirt into the air. 像是巨人的手擒住了树干，令树的浆液沿着树干向上流淌，开花的芬芳向空气中喷洒There have been other Mays in other years, but never has there been so much blossom.. 以往的日子里又很多的五月，却从没有一个五月有这么多的花开放。The bees are bewildered by it. A few small bush-apples which were as austere as walking-sticks when I planted them only two months ago are now in full flower, and look like little girls just off to a carnival. 蜜蜂因此被工作困住，一些矮小的苹果数像拐杖一样的直立着，我几个月前种下它们，现在已布满繁花，像刚刚离开嘉年华的小姑娘Peach, cherry, plum and apple strain into the air; all the trees in the orchard are out together, and for once , no clumsy wind has shorn or rain washed their frail, enameled , fine petals down into the lecherous hands of grass. 桃子樱桃 李子 苹果 的的枝条延展入空，所有果园里的树一同出发，仅此一次，没有笨拙的风或雨洗刷它们柔弱的 法郎般的 美好的花瓣令他们陷入挑动青春的草地之手What flower is there as delicate as this flower that grows out of a knarled old tree with its trunk all twisted and its bark all blistered? It is a paradox. Beauty is always a paradox. 没有花能如此精美，它们从长满疙瘩的蟠曲的沧桑的树干长出，美丽常常是自我矛盾的The village postman is an amateur with a grafting knife. But by “amateur” I do not suggest that he is incompetent. I mean what the word means—that is, I wish to say: he loves.园子的信使是个拿着修刀的园林爱好者。但提到“爱好者”我没有说他不好。我 的意思是字面的意思：那就是：他喜欢这份工作先翻译到这里 有时间我再来 For it is more than a casual interest or a hobby that takes him out into his orchard in the very grip of winter whilst he makes his careful cut into the stump of an old tree and grafts a new clean shoot into it. And it is more than an interest in arboriculture that keeps him there for hours pottering about with a jar of white clay, which he uses to cover the graft and keep the air from the moist joint. I have watched him binding his bandages over the limb of a tree with the same care with which he would tend a child. When people say that we English are a race of amateurs, we should be proud; for what other virtue has man than his ability to love? And the object of the love does not matter: it can be a woman, a dog or a stump of an old tree. It is only the love that matters. That is all that ever matters. The rest is as irrelevant as a wind blowing over a shoreless ocean. With the postman"s triumph of getting both pink and white blossom on a single tree, I shouldn"t be surprised to see even my gateposts or my wife"s clothes-prop burst into sudden and urgent flower.
- People suck. Life sucks. And when you get to the top, you realize that everything is hollow and pointless. That sums up Bret Easton Ellis" philosophy as well as the central themes of the latest downer of a movie based on one of his novels. The Informers is nihilism for nihilism"s sake; a bleak and borderline-unwatchable collage of misanthropes, self-absorbed assholes, and pathetic weaklings as they struggle to move forward during the early 1980s in Los Angeles. Director Gregor Jordan (Buffalo Soldiers) has indicated that the movie was inspired by Short Cuts. If that"s the case, then this is an instance of inspiration going rancid. Altman gave us characters and context; The Informers provides a plausible explanation for the eradication of an American city. The movie provides snapshots from the lives of at least eleven significant characters, some of whom travel in the same circles and interact regularly, others whose paths cross in only superficial ways. The fulcrum is Graham (Jon Foster), a drug dealer who"s sleeping with his girlfriend, Christie (Amber Heard), and his best male friend, Martin (Austin Nichols). His dad, Hollywood bigwig William (Billy Bob Thorton) is trying to get back together with Graham"s mom, long-suffering and high-strung Laura (Kim Basinger), while continuing his affair with news anchor Cheryl (Winona Ryder). Graham"s buddy, Tim (Lou Taylor Pucci), is on a disastrous vacation in Hawaii with his lecherous father, Les (Chris Isaak). There are also storylines about a glam rock musician (Mel Raido) who"s so drugged out and oversexed that he can barely function, and an amoral drifter (Mickey Rourke, pre-Wrestler) who kidnaps and sells kids. With so many characters and such a short running time, there"s not much opportunity for development. Then again, it"s a good thing the film clocks in at only a little over one and one-half hours because spending more minutes with these individuals would be an unbearable prospect. The problem isn"t merely that the men and women populating The Informers are ugly, but they are ugly and shallow. The only reason we care about any of them is to hope they suffer horrible, lingering deaths. We know that, for the most part, that"s not going to happen, but hope springs eternal... This is the fourth Ellis novel to reach the screen, following Less than Zero, American Psycho, and The Rules of Attraction. It is by far the worst of the adaptations, lacking the biting wit of American Psycho and The Rules of Attraction, and the solid performances of Less than Zero. There"s little reason for Ellis to complain about the book"s treatment - not only did he co-write the screenplay, but he serves as an Executive Producer. And, while a lot of the novel"s complexities have been ironed out to cram 225 pages into 100 minutes, whole passages of dialogue have survived the transition intact. For the most part, however, those lines are unmemorable. If there"s a silver lining, it comes from Amber Heard, who spends most of her screen time naked. (The nudity is impressive enough to distract from the lack of skill evident in her performance.) Most of the "name" actors appear to be going through the motions, with Billy Bob Thornton and Kim Basinger phoning it in. Mickey Rourke, in the role he took immediately preceding The Wrestler, is suitably creepy. Jon Foster appears completely lost, perhaps because of the Oedipal circumstance of Basinger playing his mother in this movie after having played his lover a few years ago in The Door in the Floor. This is also the final movie appearance for Brad Renfro, who O.D."d shortly after filming was completed. In a film filled with drug addicts and self-absorbed hypocrites, Renfro"s Jack is the closest anyone gets to being normal or sympathetic. (The Informers is dedicated to him, which could at best be considered a dubious memorial.) Although The Informers is set in the "80s, Jordan does a poor job of conveying a sense of the era. His idea of how to turn back the clock 25 years is to throw in a couple of "80s pop tunes and include some archived footage of L.A. freeways. The setting is generic Hollywood and events could just as easily be happening today as more than two decades ago. This is problematic because the focal point of Ellis" attack is the corrupt self-centeredness of the "80s and it loses its sting when the context is muddled. The Informers is the kind of movie that, upon leaving the theater, provokes the urge to take a shower. I suppose it says something about Jordan"s skill as a director that he is able to engender such a strong sense of distaste, but I"m sure he had loftier goals. As ensemble dramas go, this one is a complete failure, not just because of the repulsive nature of the characters but because it rambles and says little that"s new or interesting. There are no insights about the human condition or intelligent observations about "80s culture (something American Psycho accomplished brilliantly). The Informers is grotesque and vacuous, and it"s hard to understand why anyone would want to subject himself or herself to what the filmmakers are selling. Excuse me while I go take that shower.
- Roth grew up in the Weequahic neighborhood of Newark, New Jersey, as the second child of first-generation American parents, Jews of Galician descent, and graduated from Newark"s Weequahic High School in 1950. Roth went on to attend Bucknell University, earning a degree in English. He then pursued graduate studies at the University of Chicago, where he received an M.A. in English literature and worked briefly as an instructor in the university"s writing program. Roth went on to teach creative writing at the University of Iowa and Princeton University. He continued his academic career at the University of Pennsylvania, where he taught comparative literature before retiring from teaching in 1991.While at Chicago, Roth met the novelist Saul Bellow, as well as Margaret Martinson, who became his first wife. Their separation in 1963, along with Martinson"s death in a car crash in 1968, left a lasting mark on Roth"s literary output. Specifically, Martinson was the inspiration for female characters in several of Roth"s novels, including Lucy Nelson in When She Was Good, and Maureen Tarnopol in My Life As a Man.Between the end of his studies and the publication of his first book in 1959, Roth served two years in the United States Army and then wrote short fiction and criticism for various magazines, including movie reviews for The New Republic. His first book, Goodbye, Columbus, a novella and five short stories, won the National Book Award in 1960, and afterward he published two novels, Letting Go and When She Was Good. However, it was not until the publication of his third novel, Portnoy"s Complaint, in 1969 that Roth enjoyed widespread commercial and critical success.During the 1970s Roth experimented in various modes, from the political satire Our Gang to the Kafkaesque The Breast. By the end of the decade Roth had created his Nathan Zuckerman alter ego. In a series of highly self-referential novels and novellas that followed between 1979-1986, Zuckerman appeared as either the main character or as an interlocutor.In Sabbath"s Theater (1995), Roth presented his most lecherous protagonist yet with Mickey Sabbath, a disgraced former puppeteer. In complete contrast, the first volume of Roth"s second Zuckerman trilogy, 1997"s American Pastoral, focuses on the life of virtuous Newark athletics star Swede Levov and the tragedy that befalls him when his teenage daughter transforms into a domestic terrorist during the late 1960s. I Married a Communist (1998) focuses on the McCarthy era. The Human Stain examines identity politics in 1990s America. The Dying Animal (2001) is a short novel about eros and death that revisits literary professor David Kepesh, protagonist of two 1970s works, The Breast and The Professor of Desire.Events in Roth"s personal life have occasionally been the subject of media scrutiny. According to his pseudo-confessional novel Operation Shylock (1993), Roth suffered a nervous breakdown in the late 1980s. In 1990, he married his long-time companion, English actress Claire Bloom. In 1994 they separated, and in 1996 Bloom published a memoir, Leaving a Doll"s House, which described the couple"s marriage in detail, much of which was unflattering to Roth. Certain aspects of I Married a Communist have been regarded by critics as veiled rebuttals to accusations put forth in Bloom"s memoir.In one of his most audacious books to date, The Plot Against America (2004), Roth imagines an alternative version of American history: What if Charles A. Lindbergh, aviator hero and isolationist had been elected U.S. president in 1940? In the imagined history that follows, Roth gives an account of a U.S. that negotiates an understanding with Hitler"s Nazi Germany and embarks on its own program of anti-Semitism. It has been hailed as Roth"s masterpiece. "[H]uge, inflammatory, painfully moving… It may well be his best, and it may well arouse more controversy than all the rest combined.… That Roth has written The Plot Against America in some respects as a parable for our times seems to me inescapably and rather regrettably true."Roth"s 182-page novel Everyman, a meditation on illness, desire, and death, was published in May 2006.Exit Ghost, which features his alter ego Nathan Zuckerman, was released in October 2007. According to the book"s publisher, it is the last Zuckerman novel.Indignation, Roth"s twenty-ninth book, was published on September 16, 2008. Set in 1951 to the backdrop of the Korean War, it follows Marcus Messner"s departure from Newark to Ohio"s Winesburg College, where he begins his sophomore year.